What is Adult Day Health Care?
ADHC provides traditional nursing services during the daytime hours.
This allows family members time to fulfill daily responsibilities while creating health, rehabilitation and socialization opportunities for our clients. Family members then come back together at the end of the day. We offer skilled nursing care, recreational activities, and rehabilitative services. We even provide field trips for those interested and able to attend.
What types of services do you provide?
Horizon Adult Health Care is your partner in caring for your loved one. We believe that together we can improve the quality of life for both our clients and their primary caregivers, by providing a wealth of services:
- Skilled Nursing Care
- Social Interaction
- Nutritious Meals & Snacks
- Games & Activities
- Coordination & Scheduling Doctor Visits
- Administration & Preparation of Medications
- Mental & Physical Stimulation
- Arts & Crafts, Musical Entertainment
- Holiday & Birthday Celebrations
- Discussion Groups
- Shopping & Field Trips
- Door-to-Door Transportation
How does Horizon Adult Health Care differ from a nursing facility?
Horizon Adult Health Care Centers are not residential facilities but provide all services during daytime hours.
Can our loved one attend Horizon Adult Health Care on a flexible schedule?
Yes! We realize your schedule might change, so caregivers can choose the hours and number of days. When there is a need for temporary assistance, such as post-surgical recovery, we welcome our members to stay as little or long as needed.
What are your qualifications?
Horizon’s management has more than 40 years experience working with the frail, disabled, and elderly. Each center is fully licensed by the Division of Licensing and Regulation, Kentucky Health Cabinet. Each nursing staff member is listed on the Kentucky Board of Nursing Registry or the Kentucky State Register for Nurse’s Aides.
How could Horizon Adult Health Care benefit my family? By providing:
- Regular social contact with people of similar age and interest
- Increased sense of independence through stimulating programs and trips.
- Physical and mental activities to boost physical and mental abilities.
- Skilled nursing care by registered nurses who can identify and care for challenging needs.
- Personal care, including assistance with meals, toileting, and daily living needs.
- Skilled therapies for rehabilitation.
- The postponement or elimination of the need for long-term institutional nursing care.
Our services are tailored to the aging population, those suffering from Alzheimer’s or Parkinson’s disease, dementia, post-stroke, and other age-induced physical and mental ailments. Horizon Adult Health Care Centers care for those needing occasional or temporary care, as well as candidates for a nursing home.
It is difficult for me to get my loved one in and out of the car. Is transportation available?
Yes! Horizon Adult Health Care operates a fleet of several vans that have been modified for those with disabilities.
Can I attend Adult Day and continue to receive my Home Health Services?
Absolutely! Both Medicaid and Medicare have ruled that using our services does not jeopardize a participant’s homebound status.
What are the payment options?
Horizon provides several options, such as Medicaid, private insurance, and private pay. Although Medicaid pays for most services, private pay benefits may vary.